COVID (Coronavirus) Policy for Chiltern Retreat Rural Camping
We are very pleased to be able to provide you with an option to enjoy some fresh air in the great outdoors and a place for relaxation and fun at such an unprecedented time. We are closely monitoring the daily changing Government guidelines and following their instructions and feel the measures we are putting in place should enable your camping trip to be as safe as possible.
We want to keep you informed of the steps we are taking and what we are asking our customers to consider when they visit us, following the outbreak of COVID (Coronavirus). It is essential that all those coming to camp on our site have read and understand this policy.
The safety and well-being of both our customers and our team is our number one priority so if you need anything clarifying please ask.
Based on the latest Public Health England guidelines we have put enhanced health and hygiene measures in place to help ensure our customers have a safe and enjoyable visit whilst our team’s safety is also cared for. These measures include:
- Ensuring all Chiltern Retreat team members wash their hands at regular intervals when on site.
- All group bookings must meet the current government guidelines on the number of people within it and whom it should include. Please see the link below for up-to-date guidelines: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
- Frequent sanitising and disinfecting of all items you may have regular contact with in our facilities including toilets, sinks, showers, door handles, taps and other communal facilities surfaces. In the event the guidance changes on shared facilities we may need to impose restrictions on usage at peak times to help maintain social distancing – we apologise if further restrictions do need to be imposed during your stay but we have to ensure safety comes first but will try and keep any waiting times/inconveniences to a minimum.
- We shall ensure everyone upon check-in is aware of any social distancing rules and position ample signs around communal areas to ensure everyone is aware of possible restrictions. All pitching areas are spaced apart, so social distancing between other bookings can be maintained.
- Keeping a close eye on all our team members to ensure they are fit and healthy and taking appropriate action if they show symptoms, in line with Government guidelines, when required to do so.
- In return, we kindly ask all our customers:
- If you have tested positive for Covid, we politely ask that you cancel your booking in order to ensure the well being of our guests & staff.
- If you do need to cough or sneeze, ALWAYS use a tissue where possible or into your elbow if you haven’t got a tissue to hand. Discard the tissue safely and wash your hands thoroughly for a minimum of 20 seconds.
- Understand that we will always extend a warm welcome, but for the time being this welcome won’t be accompanied by a handshake or any other physical contact, we will be keeping our distance for your safety and our team.
- We ask that you bring your own hand sanitisers and products to maintain your own hygiene levels.
- Wash and sanitise yours and your children’s hands thoroughly for a minimum of 20 seconds, and as often as possible.
- Do not remove any of Chiltern retreat’s portable hand gels, tissue boxes, loo roll, soap, or other toiletry/hygiene products from the facilities block that we have provided for all customers use – these are provided so EVERYONE can maintain good hygiene whilst in communal areas. Anyone caught taking any of these items away from the facilities block for their own personal use will be asked to leave the site with no refund issued as they are posing a serious risk to themselves and others by preventing others from being able to maintain good hygiene standards.
This is not an easy time for anyone, and we will continue to respond to the Government guidelines and take the required action and keep you updated if anything changes.
In the event of us needing to restrict or change what facilities are usually on offer we shall endeavour to let you know as soon as possible; We ask for your patience and understanding if things are different to when you originally booked, as safety is now our priority and we may have to restrict access to certain facilities in order to help maintain social distancing.
If there is anything else you would like us to clarify then please just ask one of our team. We will always aim to accommodate requests where we can and warmly welcome feedback to help us improve.
Thank you for your on-going custom and we look forward to welcoming you to Chiltern Retreat :